LAN Support provide IT Support services to businesses, Turnkey solutions and Managed Support services. Based on a foundation of employing excellence, our team of Consultants, Engineers, Account Managers and Administration staff all have the same ambitions and motivations; to deliver knowledge, commitment, professionalism and satisfaction.
LAN Support are keen to recruit a pro-active IT Apprentice with a can-do, mature attitude towards their work. You will be required to undertake a variety of tasks and gain all round experience within a busy technical environment.
- Working with & supporting the team
- Administrative duties as necessary
- Handling of customer support enquiries on the telephone and through email.
- Working towards technical accreditations
- Evaluating new technologies
- Working towards building skills and knowledge around networking, firewalls and routing protocols
- Working towards building skills and knowledge around the Microsoft portfolio and Virtualisation Technologies
- An exceptional interest in IT, networking and IT infrastructures would really assist the successful applicant
- Extensive use of Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, Project and Outlook and other software packages including sage
Desirable skills and personal qualities:
- Have experience of using computers at a reasonable level
- A quick learner
- Professional in their attitude
- Keen on career progression
- Flexible and willing to learn
- An understanding of IT
- Able to demonstrate good initiative
- Good to Excellent communication skills
- Ambitious attitude
- An excellent attendance record
- Interest in Technology
- A good team player
- 5 GCSE's, A*-C grade, including Maths and English.
- LAN Support will provide additional training through a variety of methods online, on the job or classroom based where appropriate, over and above the externally provided training as part of the apprenticeship scheme
- The option to gain a full time role once the apprenticeship is successfully completed (with a salary boost)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.