Founded in 1989, Barnett Waddingham has grown to become the UK’s largest independent professional services consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. From small beginnings, their total headcount is now over 1,200 with offices in eight locations around the UK.
Barnett Waddingham is keen to promote the development of professional standards for all employees and they are now seeking an enthusiastic apprentice to join the team in their offices in Cheltenham, based close to the University of Gloucestershire!
Roles & Responsibilities (will include but not be limited to):
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Firm’s IT systems infrastructure as a whole whilst being a member of the IT Support Team! Your daily duties may include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Responding to IT-related tickets whilst prioritizing issues
- Provide IT Support to the local office users
- Escalating issues to the relevant teams
- Mobile device management including setup and distribution
- Setup of laptop hardware, peripherals and user troubleshooting
- Document fixes and troubleshooting techniques and distribute this information to the IT support team to improve efficiencies
- Participate in team meetings with all team members to discuss projects, issues and team performance
- Assisting other members of the team with delivering hardware to other offices.
- Management of the hardware inventory system
All of the below are beneficial but not essential; Desired Qualities, Skills & Knowledge:
- Must hold 5 GCSEs (graded A* to C, or 5 to 9) or equivalent including Maths and English
- An understanding of IT and technology
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software would be beneficial but not essential
- Career-focused, self-motivated and is proactive
- Excellent Time Management skills
- A logical troubleshooting mindset
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite
- Commitment to learning new skills
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- £14,000 Per Annum
- 35.75 hours a week
- 20 Days Holiday + bank holidays
*Please note; the assessment day for this role will take place in April 2020 for a start in September.
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Baltic Apprenticeships were the first training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage.
Individuals must have a valid and eligible residency status to apply for this role.