Halcyon International Group Ltd are the infrastructure and service providers that support the needs of several SME companies within their group. They are currently looking to grow their IT team with the addition of an IT support apprentice.
As the apprentice, you will be expanding your knowledge while taking on responsibilities such as helpdesk support, troubleshooting IT issues and hardware and software upgrades. The role is based in Birmingham and comes with an attractive employee benefits package.
Roles & Responsibilities:-
- Provide support through the helpdesk
- Resolve and log tickets
- Install software
- Troubleshoot IT issues
- Perform hardware upgrades
- Setting up PCs
Full training and support will be provided throughout your apprenticeship by both Baltic Apprenticeships and Halcyon International Group Ltd.
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:-
- Passion for IT
- Excellent communicator
- Enthusiastic to learn more
- Problem solver
- Natural team player
- GCSE Grade 4 in English and Maths
Salary, Hours & Benefits:-
- Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- £8,775 Per Annum
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company health benefits policy following the successful end of 6-month probation
- Company discount scheme on brands and entertainment – e.g. 40% off Odeon, Vue Cinema tickets, 6% cashback on Topshop, Burtons, Miss Selfridge
Baltic Apprenticeships were the first training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start on the other applicants, expand your knowledge with the links provided!
Baltic Apprenticeships - Information, advice and guidance
Funding & Eligibility Criteria:
Individuals must have a valid and eligible residency status to apply for this role. For more information, please read Annex A on the below document: