UWS aims to have a transformational influence on the economic, social and cultural development of the West of Scotland, and beyond, by providing relevant, high quality, inclusive higher education and innovative and useful research. They aim to make the communities we serve more successful; and to create opportunities for all to participate.
A well know University are currently looking for a dynamic individual for their IT Support team based Paisley. The role requires someonewith a strong interest in IT, good communication skills and an enthusiasm to learn and progress within the role.
- Learn key aspects of IT Support working in an ITIL environment within both 1st and 2nd line support
- Learn how to assist with recording of IT faults and requests by telephone email and other electronic tools
- Learn how to effectively utilise various software packages, tools and systems to support the demands of ITDS support team on a day to day basis by assisting in call logging, fault finding and call resolution
- Learn aspects of IT Procurement activities including ordering of IT equipment, software, and goods for the department
- Learn aspects of the full life cycle of IT hardware from purchase, assets management and disposal management
- Learn how to assist to improve all aspects of the ITDS service to acceptable standards within the organisation
- Learn how to adopt a culture of continuous service improvement working with other ITDS teams and customer groups to ensure there is effective communication across the department, creating a supportive working culture to provide excellent Customer Service
- Learn how to fault find and resolve basic IT fault with both Hardware and Software used within the organisation
- Learn about regulation and guidelines within an IT environment such as H&S, FOI and Data Protection
- Learn the fundamentals of the ISO27001 standard and how to implement the standard alongside other industry best practice frameworks
- Learn how to effectively respond to cyber security incidents, scan for viruses and other malware threats
- Gain experience of cyber and information security monitoring security tools and how to identify and mitigate phishing threats
- Learn how to assist with day to day communication within the department including liaison with all ITDS teams via telephone, email and in person
- Learn methods of disseminating information to colleagues both within and out with the department maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Strong interest in IT
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Organisational skills with the ability to be pro-active in planning forward
- Able to work to deadlines
- Understanding of how to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Flexible approach to work
- Good customer service focus
- Willingness to learn
- 9am-5pm with 1 hour lunch break
- GBP 4.15 per hour
Future Career Progression:
Scope to progress further within IT department to 2nd line supportIncreased salary on completion of diploma
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.