LaneSystems has successfully provided professional and reliable IT support, management services and solutions to SMEs in the North East of England since 1994 by providing technical skills covering a wide range of server platforms, including support and configuration of full cluster fail over facility and domain replication over a large WAN.
Part of this role is the preparation of new hardware for deployment, and repair of hardware brought in to the office by other technicians. This will include:
- Conduct workstation level duties where required, including troubleshooting, repairing and building PC’s and Laptops.
If required, as a 1st Line Technician, you may also be required to visit client’s workplaces to support other technicians on larger projects where required.
- All policies and procedures must be followed at all times.
- Work effectively and co-operatively with work colleagues.
- Communicate in precise terms to work colleagues, to keep them updated with progress being made on tasks.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- The primary role is to be first point of call to clients contacting the company via telephone for IT support, and remote access support tasks logged via ticket systems.
- The 1st line technician must communicate with the client over the phone, email, or ticketing systems, taking details of incoming faults, and conducting 1st line fault resolution.
- Should higher level support or on-site support be required, this must be passed on to the Technical Manager for delegation to other technicians as required.
- Tasks also include other remote none-client logged work as required.
- Communicate with clients in a professional and friendly manner, using language to suit.
- Ensure all required internal systems are used as required including shared calendars, emails, and job monitoring systems.
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- First point of contact to incoming phone calls on the technical line
- Collection or incoming tickets logged via the fault logging panel
- 1st line remote access tasks as required
- Building and preparation of new PCs and Laptops ready for deployments to clients
- Repairing of PCs and Laptops brought in to the office by other technicians
- Effective use of all system e.g. shared calendars, job tracking and ticket systems
- Communicate effectively with all colleagues and clients as required
- Work to deadlines
- Ensure site specific health and safety awareness and safe working at all time
- Update colleagues and clients in timely fashion on progress of tasks
Desired qualification requirements:
3x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
40 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
£4.15 per hour
Benefits of the role:
Opportunity to gain a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.