Founded in May 2002, Blaze Networks Limited has flourished to become a market-leading provider of secure network systems. Our solutions suit all industries, particularly multi-site retailers, hospitality and leisure businesses.
Blaze Networks are a Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) whose approach to networking delivers unmatched reliability, scalability and manageability. We offer customers Private and Secure SD-WAN networks, built around our own Core network.
Blaze Networks are opening a new role within the IT Support team. The Role is to provide first line IT Technical Services to external clients remotely and onsite consisting of technical support, systems installation, monitoring and maintenance.
You will be assisting customers with incidents and service requests, ensuring all requests are logged through the in-house system.
The successful candidate will be working with state-of-the-art networking equipment and software provided by leading manufacturers like Cisco, FortiGate and Microsoft. Candidates should have a thirst for IT technology and want to achieve career enablement's working towards software troubleshooting, network engineering and consultancy.
- To accurately accept and log all service requests and incidents through a variety of support channels (email, telephone, online, etc.).
- Support the project delivery team with equipment configurations, onsite installations and troubleshooting. There will occasionally be a requirement to stay away from home for several days.
- To diligently follow all work instructions and processes.
- Monitor work tickets to ensure they are acted upon.
- Monitor the status of client’s systems and of clients hosted back up and anti-virus.
- To continually improve First Contact Resolution rates by referencing and making use of all available tools and knowledge documents.
- To prioritise all calls based on operational SLAs.
- To provide quality of ticket output according to the standards set.
- To provide users with accurate, up to date and reliable information on all status queries and update requests.
- To propose cases to improve the knowledge and process documentation.
- To ensure high customer satisfaction levels through the effective application of soft and technical skills.
- Research, resolve and respond to queries received via telephone calls, emails and call-backs in a timely manner in accordance with the Service Level agreements.
- Lead or participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of support.
- Proactively monitor, manage and update monitoring systems to parameters set within the contractual agreement.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, required to perform other duties assigned by the supervisor/manager from time to time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Knowledge of end user computing, such as Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac operating systems including printers.
- Enthusiasm for IT and to learn new skills
- An understanding of network switching, routing and wireless equipment.
- Basic Computer Literacy – Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, reporting skills, administrative skills
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Must be confidant on the phone as the candidate will be talking directly to customers.
- Self-motivated and drive to complete tasks to the required time scales and quality standards with minimum supervision.
- Be able to complete routine and non-routine tasks.
- Be able to plan and organize both familiar and new tasks.
- Logical, pro-active and analytical approach to their work.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise own workload for maximum efficiency.
- Able to work flexible within a changing environment.
- A commitment to further training and a willingness to participate in relevant continuing professional development.
- Show an awareness of others’ roles, responsibilities and requirements in carrying out your work.
- Passionate about customer satisfaction, with the ability to understand the importance of meeting targets and understand the importance of maintaining good customer relations.
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Company Bonus Scheme
- All overtime paid at time and a half
- Employee Assistance Programme
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.