NTT DATA can help you navigate today’s world of fast-growing technological complexity, ever-rising customer expectations and rapidly changing business environments. Through innovation, in-depth industry expertise and dedicated onshore and offshore teams of experts, we provide the capabilities, resources and experience to guide your digital development. We offer strategic yet practical advice, from blueprint to delivery and beyond.
Our IT Systems and Networking Advanced Apprenticeship combines high-quality classroom training with on-the-job experience to develop your real world skills using the most popular IT technologies.
The programme gives you the qualifications, skills and technical grounding needed to become skilled PC builders, data defenders and cloud controllers.
You will work on Client site in a desktop services role, gaining invaluable experience of both technology and the work environment.
Main role and responsibilities:
- To analyse incidents and deliver technical resolutions as part of the IT support service, to contribute to an efficient and effective IT service desk
- Review tickets within Service Management systems using established priorities
- Man the helpdesk telephone system on a daily basis to resolve issues for end users
- Learn what notes and updates should be done on tickets
- The initial investigation and resolution of incidents relating to business and desktop applications, and subsequent referral to either senior support analysts, to 2nd/ 3rd line support, the application management team or a 3rd party
- Learn to deliver end user introductory training on IT systems
- Undertakes daily operational checks as defined and trained by the wider team
- Participate in projects as required
- Track IT assets using software tools. - This includes checking deliveries, logging items into the storage areas and maintaining the stat of the comms rooms
- Setup mobile phones and laptops for end users
- Deploy and install software to computers
- Perform password resets and help end users with profile and connectivity issues
- Allow and remove access to folders and email distribution lists
- Carry out any other duties as required by the IT Management Team
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Can-do attitude
5 grade A*-C GCSE’s, including Maths and English.
Potential long term job opportunity and exposure to an array of businesses.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.