Through evolution and acquisition, today Webhelp is a 50,000 people-strong global leader in business process outsourcing (BPO).
We continue to specialise in customer experience outsourcing but our capabilities extend across voice, social and digital channels. Our outsourced services have also expanded to include payment management, sales and marketing services.
Do you want to pursue a career in it?
Can you problem solve?
Are you passionate about IT?
Do you help family and friends with their IT issues?
Why not turn this into a career?
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a can-do attitude who thrives on learning new technology and skills.
The successful candidates will be mentored and trained in all aspects of IT support, allowing them to increase their knowledge and exposure within the organization.
Training will be given on technology that they will use daily, therefore allowing the successful candidate to gain key technical certifications with the experience to back this up. This will lay strong foundations that will allow them to progress within IT.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all support IT support requests a handled effectively in a timely manner
- Ensure that all customer systems are security patched and operating optimally
- Directly deliver solutions to customer problems and request support from peers and colleagues where appropriate
- Be a contributing member of the IT apprentice community
- Liaising with other departments within the company and assisting with IT needs
- Virus scans/ Installation of Hardware
- Centrally deploying operating systems and applications to remote equipment using Microsoft and 3rd party tools
- Maintaining current asset/service documentation to reflect any changes performed
- Show commitment to learn servers, desktops, networking and telephony
Who are we looking for?
Someone who can demonstrate these behaviours:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about IT
- A logical thinker and able to resolve problems
- Present a professional, friendly and caring image to the customer at all times
- Taking ownership of personal performance and willing to learn new skills
- Have a level of IT knowledge and confidence to query piers to ensure the customer is given full and correct information
- Always represent the company in a positive manner
Ideally 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English.
Training to be provided:
As an apprentice you will complete QA training, as well as the following employer training:
As well as extremely robust in house training you will also receive the following training whilst working towards an Advanced IT Apprenticeship in IT systems and Networking:
- Microsoft configuring windows 10
- Networking principles
- Setting up networks/cabling/domains
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network +
- Networking Concepts/installation and configuration/media/management/security
Hours: 9am – 5:30pm
Days: Monday – Friday
Benefits: Paid Holiday entitlement
Salary: Starting at £9700 per annum, with the possible opportunity to increase to £10,725 per annum. [The salary will be confirmed upon interview and will be dependent upon knowledge, qualifications and experience]
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.