We are a progressive, international company with headquarters in Pocklington and other sites in the USA and Canada.
As part of a planned growth phase, we have an opening for an IT Support Apprentice to join our busy IT team.
This is an exciting new opportunity to work within a fast-paced team. You will be providing 1st line support, as well as helping with projects, implementing and maintaining internationally used systems.
We are looking for a technically skilled person with a good problem-solving ability for the position of IT Technician. You will be a reference point for all IT related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties.
Your primary duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Providing 1stline support to internal staff
- Day to day system maintenance
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Ensuring electrical safety standards are met
- Repairing or replacing damaged hardware
- Upgrading the entire system to enable compatible software on all computers
- Installing and upgrading software at the user level
- Performing tests and evaluations on new software and hardware
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues
- Conducting daily backup operations
- Managing technical documentation
- A wide variety of project work when needed
Desired experience and skills:
- Coding fundamentals and logic
- Relational Databases
- Problem solving and troubleshooting
- Network Infrastructure
- Systems hardware
- Microsoft Office knowledge
Highly desirable personal qualities:
- Passionate about IT (all that it encompasses) and eager for experience
- Technically minded
- Willing to learn
- Patient and personable
- Have the ability to multitask
- Have a logical approach
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.