Our client handles millions of customers every year and that requires a huge team of people. Around 150 companies on site currently employ more than 7,000 people, whose jobs cover an enormous range of skills and provide opportunities within an industry that is set to expand over the coming years as the demand for travel continues to grow.
Whilst the Company’s focus is towards providing excellent customer service, they recognise that it is their staff who lead the way. They strive towards the continuous development of their employees, in order that they maximise the Company’s potential. They recognise that by having a skilled and motivated workforce they will achieve their overall strategy and objectives.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the IT Manager (Intelligence & Infrastructure) offering 1st Line Support to the customers of IT Services including internal and external clients. The duties of the post are wide and varied and may increase as the apprentice develops in the work environment to reflect the gained experience and knowledge.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1st Line Support:
- To offer a 1st line support service to the organisation including, but not limited to, taking and logging phone calls, taking and logging web based issues, taking and logging issue from emails.
- Resolving the issues to the satisfaction of the customer, or passing the issue to 2ndLine Support for resolution.
- Tracking the call whilst with 2ndand 3rd Line support and ensuring it is resolved with a defined time period.
- To maintain all software, hardware, firmware, patches, etc., for all IT Assets
- To fulfil services requests for hardware including, but not limited to, implementing desktops, phones, mobile phones, laptops, peripherals, etc. in line with operating procedures and practices including documentation and communication with customers.
- To provide proactive hardware, software and peripheral maintenance and support and hardware acceptance trials.
- To install, configure and support Applications, Servers, Desktops, Laptops and other associated devices and peripherals along with networked data and voice systems and their related computer hardware and software.
- To liaise with 2nd/3rd line support functions and with external service providers as required.
- To provide support for IT systems outside of standard hours as required
- To act as the public face of IT Services and to treat all customers with courtesy and professionalism.
- To ensure that all activities are logged and accountable and to ensure that a dialogue is maintained with customers at all times.
- To produce documentation in line with agreed procedures to defined standards.
- To provide admin support for IT Services by placing orders, processing receiving’s, invoices, etc. and by ensuring media and supplies are stocked to the appropriate levels by ordering replacements from the preferred supplier.
- To maintain the IT workshop area to ensure a tidy and safe working environment
- To carry out such other duties commensurate with the grading of the post which may be determined from time to time
- Basic understanding of computer hardware.
- Technical appreciation of electronic mailing systems.
- Basic knowledge of IT Networking.
- Knowledge of current trends in the IT environment and awareness of their potential application.
- Confident communicator.
- Highly focussed on customer service
- Numerate ability in general mathematics.
- Literate in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work either as part of a team, or on your own initiative, as appropriate.
- Ability to work methodically through problems, using where necessary problem solving techniques.
- Confident presentation and personal skills.
- Approachable disposition and aptitude for assisting users with IT.
- Ability to record information in a methodical manner succinctly and accurately.
- Able to undertake light manual handling duties to transport equipment (using a trolley where required) to and from different locations as required.
- Experience of using Microsoft products
- Good Telephone Manner (any experience in a corporate environment would be an advantage)
- Experience of assisting people over the phone or remotely would be an advantage.
- Enthusiasm for new learning experiences.
- A desire to offer the best possible service.
- Flexible to work unusual hours as required and to undertake further training (both technical and airport related) as required.
- Mature and reliable disposition with a friendly and approachable manner.
- Awareness of and the need for confidentiality.
5 GCSEs Grade A-C or equivalent including Maths and English.
Monday-Thursday, 9am-5:30pm, and Friday 9am-4:30pm. // 37hrs per week
- Free on-site parking
- 25% discount on bus and rail passes
- Annual pay review
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.