RivaNET are an IT Services Provider based in Leatherhead Surrey. They have a proven track record working with independent schools and colleges across the UK to deliver enterprise-grade IT systems, support and knowledge that enable quality, innovation and excellence in education.
They are now looking for an Apprentice Infrastructure Technician to be based at one of their schools. The successful candidate will be DBS checked, as this is a mandatory requirement.
- Log and analyse support requests from users
- Prioritise requests
- Investigate how to resolve the user requests and fix
- Administer the school’s network, IT systems and Applications
- Escalate issues that require specialist knowledge to senior engineers
- Install hardware, software and network equipment
- Basic Computer repair skills
- Hands-on knowledge and skills with Windows operating systems and Office Applications
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Clarity of thought
- Ability to deal with users calmly
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think through issues and consider options.
At least 5 GSCE’s, including English and Maths at GCSE grade C or above.
The potential of full time employment at the end of the apprenticeship programme.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.