This is a growing Telecoms and Network provider based in Loughton/Debden with a very close knit team.
Clients are UK-wide but primarily in London/Essex. Established for seven years, we are growing in our market and have plans to expand a lot over the next few years. We sell managed networks, telephone solutions and internet connectivity (ADSL right up to 2000Mbps dedicated internet services) to businesses around the UK.
We are looking for a young apprentice, who has an interest in technology and ideally specifically networks and internet/telephones. You will learn a great deal working here, about networks large and small as well as internet and voice services and business processes. There will be a fair bit of work in this role face to face or over the telephone so a degree of confidence in the ability to perform the social aspect of the role, or open to working on these skills is essential.
- The right candidate would be in a first-line support position with regards to day to day activities.
- You will be answering calls, learning on the job and raising/managing tickets on our ticketing system.
- As well dealing with as troubleshooting issues remotely and at sites, relating to the network/internet/telephones.
- There would be a mix of site-based work (installs, troubleshooting etc.) as well as remote/office work (working on projects, resolving issues for clients, telephone based support etc.).
Desired skills and qualities:
- They must be a fast learner
- Happy to be working at site on networks/installs, as well as remotely
- Able to work solo and in a team
5 GCSE's Grade A* - C or Grade 4 and above including Maths and English language or equivalent.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.