Employer: Willis Towers Watson
Wage: £365.05 Per Week
Hours: 35.00 Per Week
This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to start a career as an infrastructure technician. Willis Towers Watson has a federated technology operating model where Corporate IT and the Line of Business Technology functions work together to deliver technology solutions for the business. Over 3,000 technology professionals deliver core IT services and business applications to 50,000 Willis Towers Watson colleagues and clients around the world
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Programme
Closing Date: 24th April Location: Ipswich
Our Global Infrastructure Integration team is looking for an apprentice who can demonstrate the ability to support an extensive Infrastructure environment and have an interest in the associated services within a large dynamic and global environment. The successful candidate will be able to work independently using their own initiative and would enjoy being part of a global team. The key responsibility of this role will be to support the operational aspects of the Infrastructure environment with a goal understand all GIIS related functions. This includes learning to support related monitoring and operational tasks, housekeeping associated with providing a healthy infrastructure and providing expert knowledge in the following:
- Service Management
- Deployment Integration & Load Balancing
- Cloud Technology
- Active Directory
- Sharepoint & Collaboration
- Database Administration
- Systems Management
Other responsibilities include:
- Liaising with application owners, technical business units, data centre teams and other diverse areas within IT on an ongoing basis.
- Infrastructure Health Monitoring
- Managing support teams queue on Service Now
- Ensuring all Incident, problem and request tickets have timely updates
- Raising Change requests and representing in Change Advisory Board on behalf of the team
- Support Ticket Resolution and supporting Service Management in reviews and root cause analysis
- Assisting team leads with resource management
- Maintain Team Processes Documentation
- Supporting ITSM Lead
Training & Qualifications
This Apprenticeship is a 15 month programme where you will be provided on the job training and a highly competitive study support package to become an Infrastructure Technician. You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme.
The start date for the UK Apprenticeship Programme will be September 2019.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
- 5 GCSEs grade 4-9 including English and Maths and a Science or Technology subject