Employer: M&G plc
Wage: £402.15 Per Week
Hours: 35.00 Per Week
The successful applicant will work with fund managers, deal originators and investor relations colleagues and will be tasked with undertaking periodic reporting, preparing investor presentations and supporting the Teams investment and portfolio management activities.
We are seeking a highly motivated and conscientious Apprentice who is interested in working in the Fund Management/Investment industry and specifically in M&G’s Real Estate Income Team.The successful applicant will work with fund managers, deal originators and investor relations colleagues and will be tasked with undertaking periodic reporting, preparing investor presentations and supporting the Team’s investment and portfolio management activities. This apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity for a strong candidate to gain a practical introduction to the Fund Management/Investment industry, whilst providing early exposure to a range of business experiences.
About M&G plc
M&G plc is a leading savings and investments business which was formed in 2017 through the merger of Prudential plc’s UK and Europe savings and insurance operation and M&G Investments, its wholly-owned international investment manager.
In March 2018, Prudential plc announced its intention to demerge the company with a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange. As an independent company, M&G plc has a single corporate identity and continues with two customer-facing brands; Prudential for savings and insurance customers in the UK and Europe and for asset management in South Africa and M&G Investments for asset management clients globally.
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
About the Real Estate Income Team:
M&G’s Real Estate Income Team is a market leading Team that has over £8 billion of assets under management. The Team invests in Long Lease Property (i.e. real estate assets with long term leases to high quality tenants), with the aim of delivering long term and growing income streams for investors. Our investment approach therefore combines a range of expertise, including fixed income and real estate.
As a Fund Management Apprentice, you will support all of the Team’s key functions (investment, operations and investor servicing). With over 100 institutional investors (pension schemes and insurance firms), a high level of investor servicing is required and this will be the initial focus of the successful applicant.
The successful applicant will become an integral part of the Team and will be fully trained and supported throughout the apprenticeship.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the Team in preparing internal and investor reports
- Update presentations upon the release of new data for investor meetings
- Respond to internal and external queries across the Real Estate Income Fund range
- Undertake operational or regulatory projects as and when required
- Providing support on new investment opportunities as and when required
- Supporting the Team’s ESG (environmental, social and governance) initiatives
As a minimum, candidates will have 5 GCSEs with good grades in Maths, English and Science (grade 6 or better) and 3 A Levels (A*-C) or equivalent.