About IDHL Group:
The north’s digital heavyweight, IDHL Group is one of the UK’s largest digital agencies comprising WMG, Ingenuity Digital, NetConstruct, Pinpoint and Statement Agency. Analytical in our approach and inquisitive by nature, data is in our DNA. Our 200-strong team are experts in SEO, PPC, Paid Social, Programmatic Advertising, Content, Outreach, Digital PR, Web Design and Build, UX and CRO. We mesh technical expertise with imagination to generate measurable and impactful results for our clients.
Headquartered in Harrogate, IDHL Group has grown exponentially since its inception in 2000, and now has additional offices in London, Leeds, Wetherby and Manchester.
The Junior Service Desk Engineer is an entry-level role which will benefit from the support & experience of the current IT Team to develop new & existing skills. You will be exposed to a wide range of systems and have involvement in delivering projects to upgrade existing and introduce new services to our Group.
The Junior Service Desk Engineer will report to the Head of Group IT.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Resolution of support tickets, predominantly 1stline
- PC and laptop configuration
- Printer and copier configuration and support
- Ensure Service Desk calls are owned and brought to a conclusion
- Ensure all incidents are recorded on our service management platform
- Escalate issues to the relevant team member when appropriate
- Maintain a positive working relationship with our internal clients at all times to promote our excellent service
- Meet specific service level agreements
- Provide technical service desk support as appropriate to all clients
- Ensure high standards of customer services are maintained
- Ensure that correct procedures are consistently followed
- Ensure that relevant and current information is documented on our service management platform
- Involvement in project delivery
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Reliable and punctual
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE Maths & English.
- Employee well-being is high on our agenda, and we pride ourselves on the range of benefits we’re able to provide.
- A performance-based bonus rewards effort, whilst our bi-annual company awards recognise individual achievements.
- To keep those creative juices flowing, we provide free fruit and refreshments, and we always look forward to the monthly free sandwich Friday.
- Thinking of your future, we operate a Company Pension Scheme that, like a fine wine, improves over time, rewarding your loyalty over the years.
- We also offer a private health plan, a cash-plan, Life Assurance, and Income protection cover, to make sure you’re well looked after.
- We’re a social bunch too, with regular company events to look forward to such as our annual day at the Races, picnics and the much-anticipated Christmas party. Not only that, but we genuinely like each other too, it’s not just a work thing! You’ll often find our employees out and about together, with many making great friends in their colleagues.
Training and Progression:
We believe in investing in our employees, working with leading training providers and professional bodies to expand your skillset, with regular workshops, lunch and learns, as well as tailored Personal Development Plans devised to support your career aspirations.
The diverse range of specialisms across our business provide plentiful opportunities to get a taste for new areas within digital marketing and to broaden your experience.
Following the completion of the Apprenticeship, the individual will have the opportunity to progress to a Level 4 Apprenticeship and further.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.