Lockton is the largest independently owned global insurance broker and has seen sustained growth year on year.
We consider our people to be our most valuable asset and have some great initiatives in place around areas including employee wellbeing, charity and community support and an internal network group for younger associates, (Lockton Young Professional Network).
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established and highly respected onsite Infrastructure team within the world’s largest privately owned insurance broker.
As a Junior Support Analyst you will be expected to provide support to colleagues across the business. This role will progress from a 1st to 2nd line support position.
Key accountabilities within the role include:
- Installation of all IT relation equipment and or software.
- Log Incidents/ Service and Change requests using the Ivanti service desk software.
- Complete service desk workload in accordance with Technology SLA’S and procedures,
escalating any outside your skill set.
- Provide cover for other team members and ad hoc duties when requested by Management.
- Deliver a continuous high level of customer service-in accordance with the Lockton
ethos 'We live Service'.
- New starter Laptop/PC builds
- Meeting Room AV/VC/whiteboard support
- Deskside assistance\face to face\IT advocate
- Windows 10\Office 2016
- Mobile devices\Airwatch
- Active Directory\users\computers\security groups
- Basic Exchange administration
- Software deployment tools, including 3rd party updates
- Printing troubleshooting
- Remote support tools
Desirable skills / Personal qualities:
Successful applicants will demonstrate a broad spectrum of technical and knowledge including, but not limited to:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and investigation and product
- Professional and presentable
- Customer facing experience
- Ability to build and maintain good business relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without
- Capacity to escalate as appropriate.
- Flexible working hours when required.
You must have 5 GCSE’s, A-C grades including Maths & English.
9:30am - 5:30pm, 5 days per week.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.