Based within the Solihull area, our client is a market leading provider of flexible financial systems to mortgage providers and retail banks.
Phoebus Software is setting new standards as a systems provider, with an extended product and service range that covers all aspects of lending and savings.
Role - Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship/System Support Analyst – Apprenticeship.
The successful candidate will have a comprehensive and exciting induction into the business. During which the successful candidate will work with different teams across the company in supporting our Service Delivery Life Cycle.
Within a structured environment, the successful candidate will assist in the support and release of business software in line with the company’s strategy of providing a high quality and continuously improving service to existing clients. The person appointed will be required to analyse requirements, design, and code and test programs to agreed standards, provide specifications and general assistance within all departments.
The applicant will be working on a variety of system and business-related problems, changes and maintenance, working in a close-knit team.
- Gathering data to identify and fix a variety of system/business related problems.
- Producing documentation according to business requirements and storing information in accordance with company policy and standards.
- Ensuring testing is carried out to make sure that hardware and software changes are useable by clients.
- Analysing data regularly to establish trends and root causes.
- The ability to quickly gain a clear understanding of technical challenges to systems
- Identify the areas impacted by systems change.
- Provide 1st & 2nd line support to clients both internally and externally
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Gathering Information
- Team Working
- Be able to use a range of analytical, planning and estimating techniques and tools
- Be able to perform Account reworks
- Good communication and service skills are essential to the role
- Excellent team working skills
- Demonstrates a willingness to take ownership and see things through to resolution
- The ability to understand and draw conclusions from data and client feedback
- Making decisions and using judgement
- Tenacity – the resolve to overcome obstacles
- Initiative – to identify ways of improving service provided to clients, and reduce the demands on the Support Team
- Be self-motivated, energetic, and can learn rapidly on the job
- Able to share knowledge and ideas throughout the team
- Generic programming skills and structured programming skills
- Experience of the full project lifecycle
- Experience of Project methodologies (RAD, Prince, AGILE etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Personal flexibility to meet business goals
- Experience of ITIL would be of benefit
The salary amount will be discussed upon interview and is dependent on experience.
Desired qualifications / Entry requirements:
- 5x GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
- GCSE Maths (or equivalent) at grade A-C
- GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.