Management Accounts Assistant Apprenticeship with King's College London
Employer: King's College London
Wage: £396.55 Per Week
Hours: 35.00 Per Week
An excellent opportunity for an aspiring Accountant to gain exposure to all areas of Finance. The role is based in the Management Accounting function in Professional Services. The post holder will be responsible for providing administrative services to the Management Accounting team whilst also supporting the Estates & Facilities and Information Technology directorates.
Key Responsibilities and Objectives:
- Ad-hoc raising of invoices and credit notes to partner NHS Trusts following monthly invoicing procedures.
- Posting journals, setting up new cost codes, closing codes and general account maintenance on the Business World accounting system.
- Liaising with departments and external suppliers – including actively and quickly dealing with queries.
- Directly assisting the Senior Management Accountant.
- Maintaining records and filing, assisting with photocopying, scanning, and producing reports.
- Supporting the management accounts team with any ad hoc duties and projects
Decision Making, Planning, & Problem Solving:
- The post holder should be able to use their own initiative and creativity to solve day to day problems.
- The workload of the job may be high at times when there are deadlines to be met, and a flexible approach is required.
- The post holder will need to be able to prioritise and plan their own work in order to complete tasks within the time available.
- May be asked to arrange and organise meetings and co-ordinate the timetables of various members of staff
- Working closely with the Assistant Management Accountant, the post holder will be expected to deliver administrative finance support and resolve finance-related issues in a timely fashion.
- The post holder is expected to maintain a good internal control environment and contribute to the development of internal controls..
- In addition to regular duties, the post holder may be asked to carry out or participate in ad-hoc projects at both Directorate and College level as required.
Analysis & Research:
- The post holder will use the financial packages to run reports, to analyse & interpret data therein, and communicate the results to other members of staff.
- The role will involve some preparation of spreadsheets using data from multiple sources.
- The post holder will be expected to monitor data and react appropriately
Team Work, Teaching & Learning Support:
- The role involves the need to be able to work individually and also as an effective member of the team.
- The successful candidate will be expected to provide explanations and other guidance to non-finance staff in a clear and professional manner.
- The post holder will be supported in their own training needs, both formal and informal which will include working towards a professional accounting qualification as appropriate.
Sensory/Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- The role involves general physical office duties to be carried out accurately and safely.
- The post holder will share in the general health and safety responsibilities of all staff.
- The post holder will contribute towards a good working environment.
- Consideration towards team members and other staff is expected, as is appropriate sensitivity & discretion when required.
- Minimum of 3 A Levels at grade C with A Level Grade A in Maths and or Economics.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs A*-C including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.