Building GREAT Wi-Fi is super difficult. It’s taken us 11 years (our life’s work) to get this good, and we are getting even better by the day. There is no end to troublesome factors to take into consideration, all of which are constantly trying to break Wi-Fi.
Our goal is to build and run the BEST Wi-Fi networks. Our meticulous (sometimes boring) expert approach and clever in house software platform means IT managers can finally take a well-deserved break from bad Wi-Fi and angry users.
This is a role within the engineering department at Wifinity, which is responsible for delivering solutions and services which will be deployed to new and existing Wifinity customers.
This role is part of a growing team that develops and delivers wired and wireless networking solutions based on the customer requirements and internal product strategy.
The role plays a key part in the Wifinity sales process by providing the sales team with technical documentation and estimated costs to deliver the required services.
In addition the role will allow the successful candidate to assist with hands on configuring LAN, WAN, Wireless and edge security equipment.
This role is suitable for an enthusiastic individual who is looking to develop a technical career in wired and wireless networking. The successful candidate will have a great opportunity to gain both commercial experience and technical knowledge with support from their colleagues.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Design of wired and Wi-Fi networks with support from senior members of the engineering team
- Delivery of customer facing and internal technical documentation
- Configuration and commissioning of wired and wireless networking equipment
- Handling technical support issues via incident management escalations
Skills and qualities to apply:
- Desire to learn new technologies and develop networking skills
- Strong desire to work within the Internet Service Provider industry and in a close-knit team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work individually, multi-task and deal with a combination of competing priorities at any given time
- Desire to learn about new communication technologies and share them with the team
- Someone who has a strong drive to grow professionally and bring dedication to our customers and the rest of the team
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi standards and general Wireless principles
- Linux (Ubuntu or Centos) systems administrations skills
- Knowledge of programming and scripting, preferably Python and PHP
- Working experience on incident management processes and prioritisation
- Networking certifications one or more of the following: CCNA, CCNP, CWNA or similar lever other certifications
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
- Friendly working environment
- Private Health Club membership
- Skills development
- Weekly team lunch
- Free parking
This position will allow excellent career opportunities to the right individual who is looking for a challenging and rewarding position in a fast growing company.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.