This is an IT Consultancy Business based in Farrington City.
The Network Support Apprentice reports to the Director. He/she will primarily be involved in maintaining and supporting networks for clients who have service contracts with Modalit. Day to day management will be via the Lead support Engineer.
The candidate will be required to undertake the following specific tasks:
- First line support - answering telephone and online enquiries, tracking and resolving issues via Helpdesk system.
- Assist in maintaining all aspects of Modalit-supported networks.
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolving problems that arise at Modalit-supported sites.
- Undertake various housekeeping and reporting functions, maintaining network documentation and compiling this into periodic reports for clients.
- Assist in the timely delivery of a regular service program for some of Modalit’s contract clients.
- Test and document new products and/or configurations in a non-production environment.
- Install and upgrading hardware and software.
- Assist with compiling data and producing reports and other information aimed at meeting clients current and future network requirements.
- Assist as required with other tasks related to the efficient running of the business.
- Experience in a comparable positiongood telephone manner and interpersonal skills, able to understand and communicate with a wide variety of people.
- Good team working skills.
- Ability to investigate, identify and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Active interest in developing personal technical skills and knowledge.
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
Once the Level 3 Apprenticeship is completed, you'll have the opportunity to progress onto Level 4.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.