Employer: DWF LLP
Wage: £348.75 Per Week
Hours: 37.50 Per Week
Are you interested in pursuing a career in Law? DWF Law LLP are offering an incredible opportunity for three aspiring apprentices to join their leading law firm and gain invaluable experience from industry experts.Alongside working at the firm you will complete the Paralegal Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship and a Level 4 Certificate of Higher Education in Legal Services.
We are looking for a number of Paralegal Apprentices to provide legal and admin support in our Insurance practice within the Fraud team in the Leeds office. In your role, you will learn to assist with legal matters, transactions, client requests and colleague demands. You will gradually be exposed to more complex legal work throughout the two-year apprenticeship, and will work alongside paralegals, solicitors, managers and partners.
- Responsible to: Senior Solicitor or Senior Paralegal
- Liaison with: Partners, fee earners and non-fee earners at all levels within team, listing clerks, counsel’s clerk and other similar personnel.
The role of a Paralegal Apprentice is varied and may include but not limited to:
- Produce, edit and draft legal documentation and standard forms
- Significant liaison with Court Managers, Listing Clerks and Counsel’s Clerks
- Minute and note taking at client meetings, settlement negotiations, mediation and court
- Cataloguing and collation of documentation for disclosure exercises, trial bundles and instructions to Counsel and experts
- Drafting general correspondence and initial drafting of instructions;
- Dealing with internal and external client queries via email and phone
- Use excel and PowerPoint to produce reports and stats
- Management of filing systems and data entry
- Assisting with the inception, progress and completion of client files
- Carrying out research
- Handling confidential and sensitive information
- Understand and utilise basic financial information
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with service level agreements and best practice
- Any other administrative tasks, as required
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the firm.
- 5 GCSEs A*-C (4-9) including Maths and English or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum of 96 UCAS points (C,C,C) from top 3 A Levels