Employer: Financial Conduct Authority
Wage: £365.40 Per Week
Hours: 35.00 Per Week
A Criminal Disclosure Unit Paralegal Apprentice will work alongside integrated teams of investigators and legal professionals to identify criminal misconduct. You will form part of the disclosure team and will be responsible for reviewing material in line with criminal legislation.
- Reviewing and assessing material gathered during investigations using a digital evidence management system and applying document descriptions in accordance with the requirements of the relevant criminal legislation and FCA policy.
- Assisting in the creation of disclosure schedules of unused material in preparation for trial.
- Assisting the disclosure team in ensuring that case files and records are accurately and efficiently maintained, including document scheduling, archiving and retrieval in line with FCA policy and procedures.
- Drafting documents, including correspondence, memos and minutes.
- Preparation of disclosure bundles involving timely and accurate complex document preparation including photocopying, collation, pagination, labelling and listing.
- Maintaining and promoting effective working relationships with colleagues in other business areas and with external bodies.
As part of the apprentice programme you will benefit from:
- Having a varied and interesting workload, dealing with a wide range of people across Enforcement and Market Oversight and the FCA.
- Building knowledge around disclosure requirements and practices.
- Gaining an understanding of Enforcement and Market Oversight work and its important role in achieving the FCA's goals.
- Being part of a committed team utilising their legal and/or administrative skills in the context of interesting and high-profile criminal and dual track cases.
- Participating in investigative and legal training.
- Developing paralegal skills to a high standard, to enhance and develop your legal analysis and judgement skills.
- Minimum of 2 A Levels at grades A-C (or equivalent)
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (C) including Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.