Pathways LDN Ltd - Project Administrator Apprentice
Pathways LDN is an established provider of skills and employment services to unemployed residents of the boroughs of West London, we take great pride in designing, innovative, personal, social development and leadership programmes which enable talent from diverse communities to be harnessed and realised. We at Pathways LDN achieve this by partnering with third sector, public sector, education and employment organisations. We also have long term relationships with like-minded delivery partners and community groups to promote our interventions.We help people to navigate various pathways into educational and career success and to become confident, motivated and active citizens.Our work also supports employers to access a wide talent pool from within Britains diverse communities
- Provide an effective administrative service to the team, planning and organising own work schedule to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the office.
- Produce reports and correspondence to a high specification including minutes of team/interagency meetings as required.
- Prepare and maintain cases and other records and files in accordance with the standards required by the Company.
- Input accurate and timely data into Computerised Record systems.
- Assist with project management duties through implementation stages to completion stage
- Prompting staff of critical dates of projects to assist in achieving performance targets.
- To be central point of contact for service users, colleagues and other agencies on behalf of organisation.
- Effectively process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Provide an effective and efficient reception and telephone enquiry service to PWL users.
- Collate data to assist with the analysis and tracking of performance against targets.
- Operate office equipment and receive and transmit information using different modes of communication (photocopiers, faxes, scans, email).
- Receive and respond to supervision from line manager and participate in the appraisal process, identifying development needs.
- Respond to specific requests and requirement from funders
- Participate in special project teams and in training events relevant to objectives,
- To track and monitor performance against funders' targets as well as any additional internal targets set by PWL,
- Check submitted documentation for factual consistency and also for the quality of narrative reporting on client progress
- Return reports that are incorrect to those who have submitted them and assist them with advice about how to correct them either for current or later claims
- Collate and store all records in accordance with project requirements and with due regard to the clients' rights to respect and confidentiality