Publishing Assistant Apprenticeship
Apply From: 9th of March 2020
Application Deadline: 3rd of April 2020
Salary: £21000.00 per year
Start Date: 6th of April 2020
The role’s principal responsibilities include article styling, text corrections of pages, production tracking and production administration.
For all Lancet journals:
- Style articles from Word using Adobe InCopy CC (including tables and figures) and typeset equations, according to Lancet house style rules
- Input editorial and author text corrections to page proofs, as required
- Liaise with Editorial and Production colleagues re: page production, workflow, and deadlines
- Use eXtyles document formatting software to process accepted manuscripts pre-edit, as required
- Maintain databases and manuscript tracking system daily to specific deadlines, including orders to supplier for online article and issue publication
Other Lancet group titles:
- Oversee the production process for the journals EClinicalMedicine and EBioMedicine, liaising directly with the external typesetter to resolve problems and with the in-house Editors to plan and compile issues.
- Provide assistance throughout the department and to other members of staff, when required
- Manage office copies, file and organise back issue storage
- Count photos, figures, tables and supplementary material per article, as well as numbers of fast track, and online-first articles. Maintain spreadsheets recording this information.
- Check invoices and create Purchase Order numbers for Lancet production invoices
- Perform a monthly update of Production Business Contingency Plan
- Support launch of new Lancet group titles, when required