Employer: M&G plc
Wage: £325.50 Per Week
Hours: 35.00 Per Week
We have an exciting opportunity within our business for a Sales Support Executive Apprentice. This area of the business plans, develops, markets and then sells savings, investment and retirement products through a range of distribution channels, such as directly over the phone or via sales partners. There is a high focus on customer service and building and maintaining relationships with current and potential clients.
About M&G plc
M&G plc is a leading savings and investments business which was formed in 2017 through the merger of Prudential plc’s UK and Europe savings and insurance operation and M&G Investments, its wholly-owned international investment manager.
In March 2018, Prudential plc announced its intention to demerge the company with a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange. As an independent company, M&G plc has a single corporate identity and continues with two customer-facing brands; Prudential for savings and insurance customers in the UK and Europe and for asset management in South Africa and M&G Investments for asset management clients globally.
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best.
As a Sales Support Executive Apprentice, you will be an integral part of the Adviser Support Team which is responsible for explaining our Investment and Pension Products to our customers, the Financial Advisers. It is therefore important that the successful applicant has excellent relationship building skills and good customer service skills.
As an Apprentice, you will be a key part of the team, helping to maximise sales and act as front-line support, resolving relationship issues and chasing up all outstanding queries and requirements. You will understand how an adviser operates and promote the proposition which is best suited to them. It is important that you also develop and maintain strong relationships whilst providing specialist education to the business areas that you support. You will also need to be pro-active and spot opportunities to develop yourself and the business.
This apprenticeship will introduce you to an adviser environment and will consist of the following duties:
- Dealing with enquiries from financial advisers by telephone and email
- Chasing up outstanding queries, requirements and quotes
- Generating sales leads
- Appointment making
- Obtaining client information from Financial Advisers for new business cases to allow the cases to progress smoothly
- Maintaining and building relationships with advisers to obtain future business
- Educating advisers on Prudential’s processes and practices
- Managing adviser expectations in line with Prudential’s timescales
- Acting as a point of contact for escalated issues in relation to Financial Advisers
- Assisting Financial Advisers in the completion of application forms
- Promoting Prudential’s online systems to make it easier for the advisers
As a minimum, candidate will have 5 National 5s including Maths and English at grades A – C. Alternatively, you will have 2 years of work experience in financial services industry or customer services.