At Prudential, we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business. We have just launched Prudential on Twitter and will be looking to develop oursocial media presence over the next few years. During this apprenticeship you can expect to gain confidence in all aspects of the social media management.You will be helping the team to pull together new content for our social media campaigns and identifying new trends and opportunities.We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Apprentice who is interested in working in the Service Management team, in our Technology Department.
The successful applicant will work closely with our Service Managers and Service Support function to learn how to smoothly run of ITIL process such as Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management and Service Reporting.This apprenticeship will ensure the successful candidate learn how the Service Management function operates in supporting the business, responding to escalations and shaping service delivery.
- The Service Management function are a business aligned service, who provide appropriate levels of control and service to all of our customers at M&G Prudential.
- The Service Management function are transforming the services provided, leveraging our partners and aligning shared services to the appropriate functions, to maximise the capability.
- As a Service Management Support Apprentice, you will support the Service Managers and Service Support function across a variety of ITIL processes and work alongside internal and strategic partner resources to ensure requirements are met as well as identifying opportunities for improving Service wherever possible.
- You will be fully trained and supported throughout your apprenticeship on how to use a variety of applications to help deliver these tasks and understand the processes, whilst also developing your knowledge of the business.
Your daily duties will include:
- Dealing with non-urgent requests from the business
- Building a network of contacts across technology and our partners
- Assisting the production of ad-hoc, weekly and monthly reporting
- Attending Service
- Review meetings with our Service Managers to gain an understanding of the business units and the challenges they face
- Analysis of Problem tickets in line with the Problem Management function objectives
- Assisting in the management of Change records raised by our IT teams and partners
- Assisting in the management of Major Incidents across the business
- Assisting with the Management of Service Level Agreements with the business
- Identifying areas for Service Improvement
- The role would ideally be suited to a confident individual with a positive outlook and good attention to detail.
- They should have a strong desire to learn and be to adapt to changing business requirements.
- The successful applicant should enjoy working as part of a team and be able to manage their time effectively.
- The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive, can-do attitude and have an efficient approach.
- 35 hours per week
- Monday - Friday
- GBP 325.50 per week
- As a Service Management Apprentice, you will undertake IT Professional Apprenticeship SCQF 6 & 8 with QA.In addition, you will also complete ITIL 4 Foundations Service Management certification.This is a fixed term contract for 18 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the apprentice performance, headcount and available funding.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.