This is the local council for the district of Bath and North East Somerset in Somerset, England. It is a unitary authority, with the powers and functions of a non-metropolitan county and district council combined.
Whilst the apprentice will be based in Keynsham, there may be the requirement to work out of our offices in Bath or Midsomer Norton.
Use of the Council’s pool car is available or reimbursement of travel expenses, in line with the Council’s Travel policy for any excess mileage or public transport fees incurred.
The Business Support Team sits within the wider HR, OD & Health, Safety and Wellbeing Service which (including the BST) are a team of 40 individuals.
- To support the delivery of brand, recruitment and engagement projects across the council via the career’s website, intranet and social media channels
- Participating in a central contact service providing customer friendly HR and OD advice, as well as guidance to managers and staff across the Council
The apprentice will be part of the Business Support Team who are a team of 13, including the apprentice.
- The Business Support Team primarily provide a central contact service providing customer friendly HR, OD & Payroll advice and guidance to managers and staff across the Council.
- This service also includes the provision of a recruitment service and ensures the timely and accurate issue of contract documentation for new staff and for changes in terms and conditions.
Desired personal qualities:
- Ability to communicate well on a one to one basis with managers, employees, employee representatives and external contacts
- Ability to manage time and priorities and work as part of a team or independently depending on the nature of the work
- A commitment to continual improvement and monitoring of effectiveness of processes on an ongoing basis and initiate ideas to improve the way things are done
- An understanding of differing digital and social media platforms
- The ability to work flexibly across a variety of functions within Business Support Team learning new skills and sharing existing knowledge and expertise to support colleagues in their learning
- Ability to be creative and innovate are a feature of the job along with ability to interpret general guidelines to resolve issues
Desired skills and abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of the full range of IT Office systems
- Numerate and able to work accurately with good attention to detail
- Understanding of a customer orientated service
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to research and analyse information to highlight and prioritise issues for further investigation, recommending solutions
5 GCSE’s, grade D and above, including Maths and English.
Monday – Friday,
8:30am - 5:00pm,
37 hours per week.
Upon successful completion of apprenticeship, there may be opportunity to progress into a full-time position.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.