JBA Consulting is part of the JBA Group, which is an environmental, engineering and risk group, committed to exceptional client service helping to improve the environment, business and infrastructure. They have grown to be one of Europe’s leading specialists in environmental engineering and environmental management, with a strong track record of major studies for national governments and international bodies such as the European Investment Bank, European Commission, Defra, Environment Agency, SEPA and the Rivers Agency Northern Ireland.
Job role / responsibilities:
The software team develops a wide range of cutting-edge software, principally:
- Mobile and browser based asset management systems;
- Business information systems;
- High performance GIS and data management systems;
- Database designs, query optimisation and tuning; and
- Advanced GPU modelling software.
They work for a wide range of clients including Network Rail, Environment Agency, Natural Resources Wales, Met Office, Innovate UK and Local Authorities.
The successful candidates will get involved in all stages of the software development life cycle.
The Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship blends online learning, face-to-face workshops and on-the-job experience to transform people into highly skilled tech professionals.
The programme has been designed in union with the Tech Partnership and the University of Roehampton.
This is a degree apprenticeship and includes Level 4,5,6.
What they are looking for:
JBA Consulting are currently seeking enthusiastic individuals interested in Software Development who have a real passion for IT. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and growing software development team, which is expanding to meet to the needs of new and existing clients.
They expect the candidate to have either:
- Undertaken a course at school/college with a significant element of software development involved and can evidence this.
- Be a hobbyist software developer, again with examples that can be demonstrated.
JBA ask all candidates to undertake a code challenge, whether they are an apprentice or a senior developer – here’s the current one https://jbasoftware.com/careers/code-challenge/.
The entry requirements for this programme are:
- A-levels in a similar subject
- Ora Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Oran International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in a similar subject
- Ora BTEC Extended Diploma in a similar subject (180 credits)
- Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.