Open CRM has carved a real niche in a competitive marketplace, by listening to customers and giving them the features they actually want, and how they want to use them.
Open CRM is owned and operated by the same people who started it. At our HQ in rural Yorkshire, we boast a diverse and experienced workforce who are also fun, approachable and helpful.
Your primary role will be to work within our development team on new OpenCRM features and enhancements. These may arise from customer requests, or our internal development roadmap.
This will primarily involve functional/back-end development of the OpenCRM web application but some front end screen design/building will be involved.
Main role and responsibilities:
OpenCRM maintains a suite of add-on and integrated applications including a mobile app and some development projects will be enhancements/features for these applications.
You will work closely with our project management team through the full project lifecycle from scoping to delivery and testing.
For each project you are assigned, you will be required to:
- Have some input on the scoping and planning of the development work
- Follow a documented development process
- Accurately record the time and progress involved, and communicate this with the rest of the project team
- Follow coding standards and guidelines
- Carry out testing, and quality assurance alongside a project manager/tester
Desired skills, qualities and experience:
- A good knowledge and practical experience of PHP, MySQL, HTML and CSS, is essential
- Some knowledge of C# and developing .Net applications, VB6 and mobile app development is desirable
- Some knowledge of version control software (Git, SVN) is desirable
- The ideal candidate will display enthusiasm an ability to learn quickly, attention to detail, a good, conscientious work ethic and take pride in their work.
- The ideal candidate can work in a team and communicate effectively
- Able to use your own initiative to solve problems
- Commercial Experience is not essential, but the ability to display some practical experience of the technologies required will be highly beneficial.
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5:30pm.
- 28 days holiday entitlement, including bank holidays
- Cake on your birthday (and other people’s birthdays)
- Membership of our perks scheme
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.