We run a cloud-based platform for building and managing websites as well as web applications that includes CMS, CRM, eCommerce, eMarketing and bespoke Databases.
We also offer bespoke development services to our partner agencies that includes API integrations and building complex marketplace projects.
About Siteglide and our Stack:
- Friendly team of 17 and growing.
- Based in Aldermaston near Reading (transport required).
- A modern, dog friendly, office.
- AWS based infrastructure.
- HTML/CSS (Sass)/JS.
- js/React/React Native.
We are offering a fantastic opportunity to fast track becoming a web developer by working within our experienced and dynamic team to deliver a leading SaaS CMS and web platform.
You would work on internal projects to improve the SaaS product but also assist our global network of partners on client projects.
We run a cloud-based platform for building and managing websites and web applications that includes CMS, CRM, eCommerce, eMarketing and bespoke Databases. We also offer bespoke development services to our partner agencies that includes API integrations and building complex marketplace projects.
The role would include a mix of development work. There are also opportunities to be involved in the internal development of our product which has creates a strong and dynamic team.
The role is somewhat unique in terms of being both client/project facing and internal development. Depending on ability and interests, you could be helping partners create websites while also improving the resources available to partners and giving vital feedback to improve the product.
- Work with the development team on existing and new projects to create and improve client websites and applications
- Build Modules to extend the product and solve specific problems for customers
- Attend team meetings including operations, marketing and R&D
- Assist the QA team with automated and manual testing of websites and applications
- Feature QC - Reviewing any platform changes or new feature releases for quality control
- Work with partners on website builds and migrations (from other platforms) to assist them with issues and training
- Assist the support team with assigning support tickets and keeping clients/partners informed of progress, completing tickets as skills improve
- Content administration – Use CMS interface to create and update content on client sites
- Site Administration - Use CMS interface to create and administer different types of content, lists of content, tags, users, displays and templates
- Technical Documentation - Knowledge management, ensuring partners have clear, easy to navigate technical documentation to meet their needs and streamline engagement and usage of the platform
Desired skills and qualities:
- Enthusiastic and professional attitude
- Commitment to learning new skills.
- Able to travel to different locations:
This role is split between working with our core team and also our global team/partners primarily focused on US and AU markets.
At first the role would be:
- Monday-Friday 9am-5pm but once training is completed (within 8 weeks) this would shift to 8 hours between 2pm and 2am.
- The exact hours can be flexible and may need to be adjusted but we would like to ensure regular contact with our core team during office hours.
7 GCSE’s, grade A-C including English and Maths.
- Bonuses and benefits structure following training.
- Laptop (Mac or PC) for personal and work use.
- Spotify, Netflix and other perks.
- Potential for flexibility on hours and working from home.
Expected permanent role with potential to grow skillset and take on responsibilities.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.