Elanders Ltd delivers a range of digital printing, print and packaging, supply chain and logistics services from three sites in the UK. Working with some fantastic brands of all sizes, Elanders use expertise and innovative approaches to help clients reach their objectives with bespoke service offering.
Main responsibilities will be to:
- Work in both project and BAU roles, conducting a range of duties from system conception and design, maintaining and modifying programs and websites, test and develop programming modifications and writing new program code using prescribed specifications in adherence to accepted development standards
- Work independently or as part of a team on a number of projects covering the full project lifecycle, utilising the aforementioned programming technologies.
- Follow direction from colleagues as well as best practice for maintaining consistency in version control and source control check-ins
- Assist in the development, evaluation, testing and deployment of software
- Assess emerging technologies and products, translating them where appropriate with the help of colleagues, into working solutions for business problems
- Complete all required documentation, helping to create user guides for new software, and in issuing procedures for staff
- Engage with IT Development projects within the wider business team, taking direction from colleagues, ensuring both timely completion and delivery in full as per the original brief
- Meet KPI’s and targets set for the IT team, ensuring incidents, problems and changes are resolved, and internal tickets are dealt within the agreed time frame
- Share and receive learnings and knowledge with the help of colleagues, including all changes made to systems and procedures, which should be properly documented according to department procedure
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and managers around the business
- Complete with the assistance of other members of the team and deliver IT Development projects, in accordance with the direction given from the IT Manager, feeding back on the progress of completion and raising any problems
- Perform any other duties as directed by the IT Manager
- Develop a sound knowledge of IT Development best practice including source control, test driven development methodologies utilising a variety of programming languages (mostly within the Microsoft Stack) including C#, ASP.Net, VB.Net and Node.js with development tools such as Visual Studio
- Develop knowledge of database technologies including MS SQL and MySQL including retrieving, adding, updating and deleting data
- Have an interest in building web-based applications using HTML5 and CSS
- An ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and develop own knowledge
- To be self-driven, use initiative, and to follow instruction and supervision
- Ability to document steps taken to resolve issues for colleagues to follow
- Able to problem solve and communicate solutions effectively
- Be capable of thorough and methodical work
- Organised, have a high standard of precision and attention to detail
- A willingness to undertake training and learning
- GCSE or equivalent at grade A - C / 7 - 4 Maths and English
- An ICT GCSE or equivalent would be desirable, but not essential
For the right candidate, there may be opportunities for career development within the organisation should a vacancy be available.
Potential to progress to higher level or degree apprenticeship also.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.