Software Development Apprentice (L3 Software Development Technician Programme)
Are you looking to start your Software Development career within a supportive Halifax company? If you’re interested in coding, and want to learn on the job, we want to hear from you!
Baltic Apprenticeships work with friendly and exciting businesses in Halifax to recruit and train the next generation of Software Development Engineers. We’re looking for new apprentices to place directly with businesses on our Level 3 Software Development Technician apprenticeship programme.
You will be working full-time within one of our specially selected companies, as an apprentice programmer, web developer or application developer. Part of your time at work will include regular training sessions through our online SMART Classroom.
To find out about how a Software Development apprenticeship could work for you, read George’s story here: https://www.balticapprenticeships.com/case-studies/george-fox-sopra-banking
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- Full-time hours: the majority of our candidates work 37.5 hours (Monday – Friday)
- Competitive salary: most Baltic apprentices earn above the National Apprentice Minimum Wage
- Holiday entitlement: all of our employers offer an attractive holiday entitlement, typically ranging from 20-25 days per year
- Working within a friendly, supportive environment with the opportunity to earn and learn
- Time specifically allocated to your training, including industry-recognised qualifications and personal development
- Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our Level 4 Software Developer Apprenticeship upon completion of your Level 3!
Location & Travel
- You will be based in Halifax with easy access to public transport links with various bus stops close by.
Full training & support will be provided, including:
- Level 3 Software Development Technician qualification, completed over 12-15 months
- Learn about the software development life-cycle, software testing, software development methodologies, how code integrates into the wider project, good coding practices, security in software development – and more.
- Training delivered over 5 units, including Software Development Environment, Roles & Structure; Software Development Processes; Software Development Requirements; Developing Code Using Good Practices & Logic; Software Data, Interfaces & Security
- Optional Microsoft Training Associate (MTA) certification in software fundamentals
- Regular support and review sessions with your Baltic Learning Mentor
- Designated Workplace Mentor
- Fully funded qualifications, with a wage on top.
Desired Qualities, Skills & Knowledge
- Keen coder with understanding of any coding language – beneficial
- Troubleshooting skills
- Methodical and patient
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A minimum of Grade 4 in Maths and English Language, or equivalent
If this sounds like the programme for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help your with the next stage of your application. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start, check out the expand your knowledge section on this page:
You must have a valid UK residency status to apply for this role.