An organisation at the forefront of Inudstry4.0 - transforming the manufacturing industry through the use of smart Manufacturing Execution technologies and ‘The Internet Of Things’ (IOT). The company vision brings manufacturing companies closer to immediate, accurate and timely information, facilitating improved productivity and smarter decision making.
Are you ready to build a new career in the world of digital?
We are investing in the growth of our own talent through our new Software Support Engineer role. This is an amazing apprenticeship opportunity to launch your career into software engineering.
If you’re creative, enjoy problem solving and an active learner, then this is the programme for you!
Joining our team as a Software Support Engineer, you’ll learn how we develop and deliver first class tech solutions to contribute to an evolving culture of innovation, enthusiasm and passion. You’ll have the opportunity to work within a small agile team to develop first class software engineering solutions, whilst having access to a wide range of technologies to create a first class customer proposition. We’re invested in your success and will support and encourage your professional and personal career development.
Throughout your apprenticeship, you will:
- Develop your skills around coding and programming using C#, .net, Python and MySQL Server
- Produce use cases & workflow diagrams from a client specification
- Use of a range of communication methods to explain the role & function of software components
- Apply tools & techniques to solve programming problems
- Keep a log of informal testing activity
- Develop a simple user interface for a piece of software
What other duties will you complete as a Junior Software Engineer Apprentice?
- Developing first class software engineering solutions
- Work alongside team members to deliver features and add value to your team.
- Solving complex problems
- Champion simplicity
- Understanding how our customers interact with our products
- Working with agile methodologies and lean thinking methods
- Presenting your findings and making recommendations to improve business performance
- Contributing to the team by sharing knowledge, ideas and findings
Desirable skills / Personal qualities:
- You’ll be an active learner, both within your technical and professional areas of expertise, taking control of your own career development
- You’ll be naturally inquisitive
- You will have excellent communication skills with the drive to contribute to a team
- You’re highly logical with creative problem solving skills
- You have a passion for technology, with some exposure to modern programming language (e.g. .Net, C#, Python, MySQL .node)
- 7 GCSE or equivalent at grade A - C / 7 - 4 including Maths and English
- An ICT GCSE or equivalent would be desirable, but not essential
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.