The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, Hale Country Club, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Job overview / purpose:
The THG apprenticeship programme is an exciting opportunity for ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
Our apprenticeship programme gives you the opportunity to innovate and work on real projects, learn on the job from people who have a vast amount of industry experience, whilst working towards a recognised apprenticeship qualification. At THG we offer apprenticeships from Foundation Level right through to Master’s Degree Level, across a number of our different divisions, giving you the opportunity to learn and grow with THG.
Start with a 13- 15 Month Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Main role: [will include but not be limited to]:
• Raising incident tickets and following-up with internal and external customers, owning issues until closure or escalation.
• Identifying and reporting on unauthorized/malicious access attempts to corporate assets through the use of log analysis and alerting tools.
• Following prescribed processes, 24/7 monitoring, detection, assessment, classification and escalation of both service and security related issues.
• Detection and first line response to service impacting problems.
• Ensuring service and security incidents are promptly addressed in accordance with the incident response procedures.
• Performing basic systems testing and operational tasks (smoke and network connectivity testing, script execution, etc.)
• Providing feedback to Team Leaders to tune security and service alerts to improve the effectiveness of Service runbooks
• Hit the ground running with a good level of initiative, common sense and ability to work under pressure
• Provide phone and web-based/remote support services to our retail websites in the UK and all around the world
• Be open to completing relevant IT certifications (paid for by the company)
• Take part on the Service Desk 24/7 rota
• Very good English skills (both written and spoken).
• Knowledge of IT
• Understanding of technologies and concepts used in web applications.
• Being able to work in shifts (24/7 system).
• Very good communication and analytical thinking skills.
Desired qualification requirements:
Minimum Grade 5 in GCSE Maths and English, and or 3 A Levels minimum Grades C and above, preferably a STEM subject but other A Levels will be considered.
To monitor and provide support for THG websites globally, as well as our hosting environment and quickly become an important member of the team.
40hrs per week.
[all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£12,641.20 per annum, rising to £15,000 per annum after 6 months.
• Eligible for Company Bonus Scheme
• £100 Attendance Bonus each month for full attendance
• Staff Discounts across THG brands
• Discounted gym memberships for multiple locations in the local area
• Exciting and endless career progression prospects.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.