Employer: Menzies LLP
Wage: £0.00 Per Week
Hours: 37.50 Per Week
Are you looking to build a career with a recognised employer of choice for investing in future talent? An Apprenticeship Programme with AAT Accountancy Qualification will help you achieve your career goals! If you join our AAT apprenticeship scheme, youll be working towards the AAT Level 34 Apprenticeship certification, the equivalent of the first year of university study.
You will join a two-year programme working in one of our teams (Accounts, Audit, etc) with a combination of on-the-job learning and a programme of training and development.
Our AAT Trainees form part of the Accounts/Advisory team and you will be given the opportunity to gain a strong commercial insight into how organisations work and the challenges they face developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
Your duties might include:
- Undertaking planning and preparation of statutory and management accounts from client’s records.
- Assisting and undertaking audits offsite at client premises.
- Assisting with preparation of reports, proposals etc. under the supervision of Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners.
- Preparation of VAT and tax returns for clients as directed by Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners.
- Bookkeeping (using Excel and Sage software)
- Liaising with clients and related third parties on behalf of Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners as directed
- Developing and supervise junior trainees.
- Must have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSE (or equivalent) at grades 5 (B) or higher which must include English language (not literature) and Maths
- Must have achieved/predicted a minimum of 3 A-Levels A-C