Our Client is the only specialist software house developing solutions to suit all types of reading impairment - from low vision to blindness and dyslexia. They design and develop their products in-house. Our client is a world leader in assistive software for blind, partially sighted and dyslexic people with a distribution channel in over forty countries. Their software makes a real difference to their customers, helping individuals get on line and connect with family and friends, helping students to fully engage and succeed in education and helping employees to excel in a variety of work environments.
They are currently seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual looking for a career in IT.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Reporting to the Development Director and IT Manager, you will:
- Test Dolphin software products and troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Help prepare and maintain test plans
- Report test coverage and provide feedback to developers and project teams
- Install and configure Windows operating systems, associated hardware and applications
- Provide on-site IT support for staff, ensuring priority requests are resolved quickly
- The training programme is designed to provide real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform individuals into highly-skilled IT Apprentices.
Desired qualities, skills and experiences:
- Essential: Good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft products and operating systems
- Good troubleshooting knowledge of hardware and software issues
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP NetworksLooking for people who are self-motivated, enthusiastic, and results driven
- You should seek responsibility, demonstrate effective decision-making skills and be comfortable working under your own initiative
- You will need to be organised and methodical in your approach to work, and able to concentrate on detail, with a high degree of quality control
- Communication and team working skills Everyone at Dolphin is expected to work in the spirit of their ethos of exclusivity
Desired qualification requirements:
5 GCSEs (Grades A-C in English & Mathematics)
5 days per week,Monday - Friday,
The hours are 9am - 5:30pm,
37.5 hrs per week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
Salaries will depend on individual, but will start at £3.90 per hour.
Benefits of the role:
Company flexible working policy 23 days annual holiday
Workplace pension scheme
Sponsorship to take part in fitness events
Opportunity to progress within the business onto a higher level apprenticeship
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.