Accounts Junior, London
Not taking applications
- Full Time
- School Leaver
- Accounting & Tax
- Banking and Finance
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe (UK) LLP - Accounts Junior, London
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe (UK) LLP
Competitive, upon request
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Finance Manager
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe is an international law firm with over 25 offices in Europe, Asia and North America. Due to expansion in our London office we are looking for a full-time Accounts Junior to join our finance team.
A good entry level job for anyone looking for a career in accounting. We are not necessarily looking for anyone with any previous accounting experience, just someone who has an interest in accounting and is keen to learn.
This role will be working closely with all members of the accounts team in our busy department.
Your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Inputting daily bank balances into Global System;
- Inputting Accounts Payable invoices into CMS;
- Preparing weekly AP payment runs and processing them in CMS along with inputting the payments into HSBC;
- Taking the banking's to the bank when required;
- Checking the expense forms and inputting them into CMS;
- Preparing weekly expense form payment runs and inputting the payments into HSBC;
- Managing the petty cash and reconciling the balance regularly;
- Issuing Real Estate department matter numbers;
- Processing matter closings;
- Responding to AP queries;
- Assisting in posting receipts into the bank accounts;
- Issuing cheques when required;
- Processing any unpaid disbursements that need to be paid out;
- Ensure the day to day accounts department filing is up to date;
- Other ad hoc duties.
A-level or equivalent;
Exposure to accounts department desirable although not essential.
You will possess an interest in accounting;
Willing to learn;
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written;
- Proactive with a positive attitude;
- Strong team working skills.