Activity Leadership Apprentice - (SLM) Marshall Street Leisure Centre - London
Not taking applications
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Sport and Fitness
Are you looking to kick start your career within the sport and leisure industry? Marshall Leisure Centre are looking for motivated candidates to work towards their Activity Leadership Level 2!
30 hours shift work inc. evenings and weekends
Detailed Job Description:
Marshall Street Leisure Centre are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Activity Leadership Level 2 and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
Your duties will include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all members
- Assisting with gym tours and inductions
- Support the centre swim teaching team to deliver exceptional swimming lessons
- Adopting a customer service focussed and commercial approach to swimming lesson sales and retention, similar to that traditionally seen in the fitness environment
- Showing members how to use the gym equipment and machines
- Creating personal exercise places for members
- Support and deliver community engagement linked to increasing swimming participation
- To support the coaching team when required to maintain continuity of teaching and excellent customer service
- To teach swimming when needed to fit the needs of the programme
- To cover lifeguard positions when needed to fit the needs of the swimming lesson programme and centre pool programme
- You will support the swimming lesson programme under the guidance of the General Manager or equivalent and the Regional Aquatics Manager
You will work a combination of Gym and Leisure side hours whilst working within the centre.
You will work towards your Activity Leadership Level 2 through work based learning delivered by Lifetime Training as well as your National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification, Fitness Instructing Certidicate (Included in the Activity Leadership)
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Candidates must be passionate about wanting to work within the leisure industry and willing to work towards their Qualification.
Working well in a team
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.Sign-up or log in to apply