*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Level 4 Actuarial Technician Apprenticeship Programme
Closing Date: 28 February 2021
Demonstrate your passion for client delivery in financial consulting services and make an immediate impact. You’ll learn what we do for our clients as you build strong working relationships and develop valuable skills from day one. In return we will fully support you with studying towards an internationally recognised actuarial qualification (Certified Actuarial Analyst) to go with your salary and benefits package.
This is a consulting support role where you will work as part of a global team, primarily with a focus on Latin America new business and client projects.
This role will involve analysing data to help provide robust insurable risk financing advice to brokers and clients, and specific job tasks will include:
- Review client data and conduct exploratory data analysis
- Identify appropriate probability models for future risk
- Model, quantify and value insurable risks faced by our corporate clients
- Produce proposals for new business in PowerPoint and Word
- Maintain a comprehensive audit trail for all analytical work
In addition, the role will support the R&A teams on their sales and marketing plans and activities performing tasks such as:
- Design, launch and manage sales campaigns
- Support proposition development and sales proposals responses
- Develop business intelligence and dashboard on business development activities
- Support marketing activities such as client webinars.
Your manager and assigned mentor will be on hand at all times to fully guide you through your programme – making adjustments as necessary to ensure you achieve your full potential.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there will be an opportunity to join and progress within the Risk & Analytics. You will continue to grow and develop new skills supported by our extensive in-house training resources and tailored programmes.
Training & Qualifications
This Apprenticeship is a 24-36 months programme where you will be provided on the job training and a highly competitive study support package to help you on your path to becoming a Certified Actuarial Analyst. You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme.
- 3 A-levels or equivalent qualifications including an A or B grade in Maths.
- High level of numeracy
- Self-discipline, determination and appreciation of the demands of studying while working
- Clear aptitude for teamwork, planning and organising
- Excel knowledge would be beneficial
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Language skills (Spanish & Portuguese) would be preferable but not required
Equal opportunity employer
The start date for the UK Apprenticeship Programme will be September 2021.