Actuarial Trainee- 20k p/a
- Accounting & Tax
- Maths & English
- London remove
Position: Actuarial Trainee
Location: The City, London
Start: September 2019
Beach and Associates is an independent global reinsurance broker with a reputation for placing reinsurance programs covering complex and technical books of business, at the best available market terms. We are looking for an exceptional candidate to train as an Actuarial Analyst.
As part of a 2-year programme the successful candidate will go through 4 placements lasting 6 months each, working directly with senior members of the broking and actuarial teams.
At the end of the 2-year programme the candidate will be based with the actuarial team and look to study for their actuarial exams. There would also be on the job training in analytics and modelling.
- Support senior actuarial staff with data preparation for analysis
- Assist in building databases and reporting tools
- Work with actuarial team to develop stochastic models and perform reinsurance optimisation analyses in order to evaluate and compare different reinsurance pricing and strategies
- Assist in special projects and research efforts of the actuarial team
- Study towards the actuarial qualification
- Acting as a technical resource for Brokers and Account Managers where needed
- Assist with the production of high-quality presentations, submissions and documentation
- Develop a detailed understanding of the client’s business, as part of developing tailor-made solutions to assist the Account Handlers
The successful candidate will have an A in A level Mathematics with the ability to work effectively as part of a global business in a dynamic environment. They will be able to demonstrate a keen interest in insurance and be willing to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a strong client focus and delivering exceptional performance.
The person - experience & skills:
- Minimum Grades ABB at A Level, plus an A in GCSE Maths or Science and B in English Language
- Demonstrable interest in insurance
- Work Experience and Extracurricular activities
- Exceptional analytical skills
- First-class interpersonal skills including relationship building
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure
- Highly analytical with excellent problem solving
- Strong communications (verbal and written)
- Exceptional time management, organisation and prioritisation skills