The Bike Club offer pay monthly kids bikes, exchanged as your children grow up. Their broader mission is to become the consumer finance provider for the sharing economy.
They fundamentally believe that consumerism is unsustainable and we need to live in a society where products are repairable and shareable. The founders are passionate cyclists, which is why they have started in cycling. However, they soon hope to expand into other product ranges, and have exciting plans for the future of the company.
Bicycle enthusiasts wanted!!!
This is an office-based role where you’ll be working alongside our customer service team and providing expert bicycle knowledge.
No two days are the same and you will be expected to assist in the following day to day tasks:
- Respond to member enquiries using our online platforms
- Trying to solve member issues as efficiently and accurately as possible
- Management of direct debits and member accounts
- Be a member advocate within the company, highlighting areas where members are unhappy and where we can improve
This position would be perfect for an individual who is early on in their career, looking to transition from a shop floor to an office-based managerial role within a fine tech company.
This is an opportunity to join a fast growing start-up based in London.
They’re after someone bright, energetic and ready to work in an unconventional business.
As you will quickly learn, start-ups are not the most straightforward place to work – but they are a lot of fun and highly rewarding.
- Have a problem-solving approach and be able to use initiative to find resolutions
- Start-up experience is not necessary, but would be advantageous for this role
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Ability to remain calm and work well under pressure
- This role would suit a cycling enthusiast who is looking for a transition into a professional office environment, the perfect chance to bring your love for cycling into work
- Comfortable working in a start-up – you’ll need energy, persistence and a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Dedicated individual who sees a task through
- A real desire to help by answering questions, sorting out problems and recommending different products
Grade A - C in Maths and English.
- Unlimited working from home; whether it’s waiting for a delivery, to work from a warmer climate or just to get your head down away from the hustle and bustle
- Office perks; Roof terrace, Tuesday cake, Thursday drinks and Friday breakfast. Various in-office activities including circuits, yoga and ballet barre.
- Company loans; to help buy a season ticket, pay for a holiday or even move house
- Quarterly bonus scheme
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.Sign-up or log in to apply