Administration Support Apprentice
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Business & Admin
- London remove
Overview of the role
Duties will include working closely with other team members and supporting their administrative needs. Working with the Business Support Administrator on a daily basis and providing support where and when required.
The primary aim of the role is to manage the front of house while working closely with other members of the team and to provide assistance on essential tasks.
- Reception duties including answering the telephone, greeting and signing in visitors, supporting internal customers/clients.
- Maintaining stock and supplies, ordering as and when required
- Assisting with Customer Service requests
- Operate manual and computerised office system and maintaining databases
- General day to day office duties
- Opening and closing reception and ensuring that everything is prepared for the following day
- Preparing the examination room and invigilating exams on a daily basis.
- Admitting candidates for their exams, submitting incident reports, booking in exams, opening and closing the testing centre and dealing with any technical issues that may arise during an exam (training will be provided for this).
- Creating sign in sheets and ensuring all visitors and learners sign in upon their arrival to reception.
- Issuing visitor passes for learners and client who are completing training at our centre, and ensuring these passes are returned once their training has ended.
- Maintaining the company oyster card spreadsheet.
- Providing general administration support such as: photocopying, filing, note taking, complete standard forms, sort and distribute mail, processing and collating information as required.
- Ensuring all training rooms are prepped for the following weeks training.
- Using Excel to create spreadsheets and reports.
- Responding to enquiries from potential learners/ customers/ clients, providing responses to their enquiries.
- Preparing meeting rooms.
- Monitor and report on students’ attendance.
- Attending company meetings as and when required and taking minutes.
- Maintaining high standards and ensuring reception area is always kept tidy.
- Taking detailed phone messages and ensuring they are delivered to the right person.
- Communicating with staff members’ effectively via email and telephone.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will perform other reasonably related duties.
- Hands on approach
- Organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT Skills
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft package
- Confident when dealing with difficult scenarios
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent ability to communicate at all levels and in varying situations
- An enthusiastic and creative individual with an interest in Administration
- Keen eye for detail
- A team player who can also work alone
- Self-motivated, punctual, trustworthy and determined with a desire to succeed
- Committed to continuous improvement – personal and organisational
- KPI focused and results oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines