Advanced Apprenticeship - Business Adminstrator - Atkins - Bristol
Not taking applications
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Business & Admin
What we can offer
Do you want to get paid for gaining an advanced apprenticeship qualification with on-the-job mentoring and learning? Would you enjoy solving problems and working with some of the best minds in engineering and design? If the answer is ‘yes’, come and join Atkins as an apprentice and get your career off to the best start possible.
We are currently recruiting for the following discipline in Bristol: Business Administration
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas and by solving the engineering challenges of the future. Our apprentice programme will provide you with the foundations to maximise your full potential.
Could you be part of our future?
As an Apprentice for this position you can expect to be involved in many tasks such as:
- Assist in the production and completion of utility search reports for internal (Atkins) and external clients
- To assist in the production and completion of overview maps using a software application
- Correspondence with clients such as order confirmations and forwarding responses
- Assist with invoicing, quotes and payments when needed
- Checking maps produced by colleagues or utilities, as well as obtaining maps from various systems when required
- Where needed liaise with other teams/clients/utility companies to resolve issues (i.e. missing or wrong plans)
- Monitor in-coming and out-going workload, and inform the Service Delivery Leads/Team Leader of any issues
- General administration, e.g. filing, opening post, scanning, making paper reports and data input
During your 12 - 18 month apprenticeship, no two days will be the same as you study and work with a variety of teams whilst developing the skills you need to enjoy a great future at Atkins. Spending one day at your local college, you’ll study towards a level 3 qualification, advanced apprenticeship. Not only will you learn in the classroom, you’ll enjoy being part of the team as you will get involved with all kinds of projects and learn something new every day.
Who we’re looking for
Enthusiastic, inclusive and committed, you should be curious about the world around you and always want to learn more. To really succeed in the role, you will need to demonstrate that you have:
- At least 5 GCSEs or equivalent including a minimum of a grade B OR 6 in Mathematics and a C OR 4 in English Language
- Conscientious, attention to detail, customer focused, able to prioritise workload and a good communicator both verbal and written
- The ability to work in a team as well as individually.
- Able to adopt a flexible approach to varying workloads with the ability to identify, analyse, prioritise and resolve problems
- Creativity and strong communication skills
- A practical mind, self-motivated and reliable.
- This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
What to do next?
Look at our apprentice profiles to find out more and discover what being an apprentice in Atkins is really like.
Want to know more about the benefits of working at Atkins? Visit our rewards and benefits page
Initial closing date: Friday 16th March 2018.
Sign-up or log in to apply