Advanced Craft Engineering Apprenticeship
We are currently seeking candidates to join our Craft Apprenticeship Scheme working within Defence Systems Technology (DST), Bristol.
The aim of the Craft Apprenticeship scheme is to prepare you for a manufacturing post within the company in either welding/fabrication, fitting or machining. During the first year you will undertake training within the manufacturing works to complete your Foundation training which will include;
- Machining components using milling machines
- Machining components using lathes
- Machining components through a variety of other machines
- Manufacturing components through a variety of bench fitting skills
- Using Engineering drawings to manufacture components
- Adopting quality control systems
This will prepare you for a role within an engineering environment and ensures you are familiar with engineering materials, processes and communication methods such as engineering drawings
In the second year you will undertake block placements within the production area becoming familiar with and use the machines used for manufacturing.
The final two years will be spent within the area you are likely to continue your career. This allows you to become highly skilled and competent within this area, developing you into an integral part of the team.
During your time on the apprenticeship you will achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (foundation Competence).
- Level 2 Diploma in Machining (foundation Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Machining (development knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering – Machining (Development Competence)