Advanced Level Three Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering- Manufacturing Support Shift Technician Apprentice
Not taking applications
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Higher Apprenticeship
- Advanced Apprenticeship
This is an exciting opportunity to join Delphi Technologies, a highly advanced manufacturing engineering company based in Stonehouse, Gloucestershire. You will have the opportunity to work under the guidance of highly skilled engineers at all times, and develop the skills and qualifications that will give you the opportunity of a successful career in high precision engineering.
Undertaking a four year programme of development, yone of r apprenticeship training will be based at Gloucestershire Engineering Training, Barnwood Point, Gloucester, where you will acquiring the basic practical mechanical and achievement of Diploma at . You will also undertake year one of your programme, a programme, where applicable.
two - fourbe spent working in company at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Stonehouse, alongside our highly skilled workforce. You will begin developing your product. process and analytical skills, whilst ingcompletion of year two of the Technical Certificate which will be delivered on a day release basis back at G.E.T. and will begin a level three programme.
To further enhance your engineering analytical skills, during year’s three and four you will additionally undertake problem solving units and a Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering, again via a day release basis at G.E.T.
Your line Manager at all times will be the site Training & Development Manager.
Delphi Technologies is a world leader in the design and manufacture of diesel fuel injection systems for 9-16 litre commercial and off-road vehicle diesel engines. Our injection systems meet all current emission specifications, and we are proud to supply all of the top truck manufacturers in the world.
We employ around 1200 staff at our Stonehouse plant, which includes 53 current apprentices at various stages of their four year programme
- Hours of work: 37
- Annual salary: £12,200 minimum – to be reviewed before start date in 2019
- Number of vacancies: 8
- Closing date for applications: 29th March 2019
- Assessment Days: April 2019 – Dates TBC
- Start date: September 2019
Apprentice Job Description
- Attend Gloucestershire Engineering Training for first year to acquire basic foundation engineering skills.
- During years 2-4 of your programme, you will assist and work under the guidance of highly skilled Engineers in providing technical support to production departments engaged in all aspects of the manufacture of diesel fuel injection systems and their components at our Stonehouse plant.
- You will participate in the Level Three Advanced Apprenticeship Scheme, undertaking a National Vocational Qualification, a Technical Certificate programme and, during year’s 3 and 4, a Level 4 HNC in Mechanical engineering.
- Ensure all college work is kept up to date in accordance with the apprenticeship requirements set out by your Review Officer.
- Liaison with Delphi Training & Development Manager with regard to all training issues.
- Participation in all training initiatives specific to the post holder’s duties.
- Undertake work with increasing independence as the apprenticeship and skill set progresses.
- Undertake such duties as may be reasonably requested by senior management.
- Take reasonable care of their own and others safety, to co-operate with managers/craft/engineers in complying with statutory health and safety duties; to report incidents, accidents, faults, etc.
- To participate in departmental team activities.
- Upon completion of your apprenticeship you will rotate across a three shift pattern, and be fully responsible for a manufacturing line and its team of Operating staff.
Delphi Technologies is very proud to be working with Gloucestershire Engineering Training aour apprentice choice for our four year apprenticeship development programmes. Providing companies across the county with the highest quality training inengineering, G.E.T. lead the way in ofwith a network of support for s and employers that is second to none within the county.
youapprentices from other companies during your first year studies at G.E.T, as well as your designated ROdepartmental staffDelphi from year two forward.
In addition to five GCSE’s at C or above, you will also ideally have A Levels in Maths and Physics, but strong GCSE results in these subjects will also be considered.
You will an enthusiastic, determined and self-motivated person. C to your individual learningdedicated to working hard in order to achieve, you m, andunder your own initiative as your skill set develops Strong attention to detail coupled with a proactive desire to succeed is essential.
Thiswill be,successful and expanding multi-national Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, and subject to full consideration of abilities, aptitude and college results, it is expected that you will be offered a permanent position as a Manufacturing Support Shift Technician within the company. It is also expected that, as part of a growing business, there will be opportunities for further career development post-apprenticeship.Sign-up or log in to apply