You will work hands-on with a wide variety of electronic products, providing you with the experience and knowledge of the full product lifecycle, including prototyping, productionisation, full production, customer deployment and support.
As a Manufacturing Engineer Apprentice, at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, you will work across a spectrum of technologies and products – whether that is supporting on the production of a bespoke product for a client, fixing issues or updating a current, more mature product or working on a new product which will be distributed across hundreds of our clients!
This variation of projects will provide you with the experience and knowledge of the full manufacturing engineering lifecycle.
This is a technical and hands-on role. You will work directly with hardware products that protect You will be a part of our Manufacturing Team, an area of the business which works with physical hardware and electronic development teams. This is a technical position with some automation office elements, supporting on ad-hoc financial and administration tasks, to provide a wider understanding of the business.
You will not be working on basic, low risk products – these are national level importance productsand maintain the security of the UK and its allies.
Come and help us protect the connected world.
- Ensure the safe and efficient performance of every production task in compliance with company procedures, approved engineering data and local Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure Safe Systems of Work and risk assessments (assisting as necessary in the completion of risk assessments) are adhered to for engineering or manufacturing activities.
- Carry out new product introduction and/or existing product modifications within engineering and/or manufacturing by contributing to activities such as facilitation of quality activities (including any testing and/or commissioning requirements), supplier approvals, gate reviews.
- Ensure work process and outcomes comply with any local, national and or international regulatory or compliance requirements. Such as :- maintain compliance to Aerospace Regulatory bodies (CAA, EASA,MAA).
- Produce engineering and/or manufacturing documentation (such as:- Build Manuals, Standard Operating Instructions/processes, Bill of Materials) to aid and ensure consistent, compliant and cost effective manufacturing processes.
This list of the job description is not exhaustive.