We are currently looking for a 1st Line Support IT Helpdesk Engineer to join us in our Taunton office (but covering all of our offices from Bristol to Weymouth). Working as part of the Helpdesk team you will be the first point of contact for AG staff needing IT support. Your role will be to resolve or refer jobs to your colleagues to ensure IT systems are working effectively.
- Excellent customer service approach
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain IT issues with non IT staff
- Previous IT work experience
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet scheduled work deadlines
- A desire to further your career in IT
- Proven knowledge of the following Microsoft Packages - Microsoft Windows 7 and / or 10, Microsoft Office 2010 / 2013 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 2012 2016, Microsoft Exchange 2010 / Exchange Online
- Active Directory security permissions
- Active Directory user creation and administration
- Experience of scripting e.g. login scripts and batch files
- Good Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Good phone manner
- Analysis & Decision-Making
- Drive for results
- Orientation to Learn
- Planning and Organising
- Service Excellence
- Team building / Team Player
- Experience in supporting one of more of the following Accountancy software packages:
- Practice Engine
- Sage / Quickbooks
- Experience of working for an ITIL based helpdesk.
- Experience of maintaining a network and associated technologies.
- Experience of SQL server and SQL scripting.
- Experience of managing telephony systems including IP based systems.
GCSEs in at least 5 subjects with English and Maths at Grades D or above.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm
£16,000 to £20,000 per annum
Potential to progress with the company in to a full time position and further training.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.