Closing Date 03 April 2020 at Midnight
Start date: 7th September 2020
This apprenticeship is based in our Manchester office and lasts for 18 months.
The assessment day for this role will take place on the 7th July 2020.
AGENCY SALES APPRENTICE
The Airtime Sales Department is charged with making the maximum amount of advertising revenue from Channel 4’s portfolio of products on a sustainable basis.
The Nations & Regions Sales Department is based in Manchester and works with all prospective clients and media agencies outside of London. Through the Airtime Sales and Partnerships teams, we sell and administer advertising space across Channel 4’s owned channels – C4, E4, More4, Film4, 4Music, The Box Channels and All4 (our Video on Demand service. We also look after the advertisements across our partner channels – UKTV (inc. Dave, Gold, Eden, Really, Drama etc,) PBS & BT Sport channels.
• You will be supporting the Nations & Regions Sales Department with the administration of advertising campaigns
• Processing multi-media campaigns for our clients & partners
• Monitoring campaigns for accuracy of delivery versus agreed terms; ensures that inventory is optimised across all platforms with minimal wastage. (You will be taught about all of this of course!)
• Respond to ongoing agency/client requests and queries
• Ensure deadlines are met
• Awareness of industry guidelines and regulations (OFCOM, BCAP, Clearcast)
• Develop good external and internal relationships across multiple departments.
Level 4 Sales Executive
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
• You’ll need a passion for television and the media
• Strong organisational and practical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• An interest in working for Channel 4 and an understanding of its aims.
• Computer literacy
• Ability to take and carry out instructions accurately and also work independently
• Ability to deliver to strict deadlines in a professional and thorough manner
• You do not need experience of Media Sales, full training will be provided as part of this opportunity.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Eye for design / Photoshop skills
• Creative writing