Agriculture - Apprenticeship (Level 2)
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
Is it right for me?
Learn about livestock feeding, handling, health, and housing, plus growing, harvesting and storing crops, tractor driving / machinery maintenance and operation. This course also covers health and safety, first aid and manual handling.
What will I be learning about?
As an Agricultural Apprentice you will learn about farming at work and study the underpinning knowledge at Kingston Maurward College for one day a week for 18 weeks. Apprenticeships normally take 12 to 18 months to complete, during which time you will be paid according to the Agricultural Wages Order.
- Livestock feeding, handling, animal health and housing
- Growing, harvesting and storing crops
- Tractor driving and machine maintenance and operation
- Communications and personal performance
- Health and safety
- Practical farm and countryside skills
For Apprentices only, there is an option to complete a Certificate of Competence in Fork Lift Truck Operations (AG019) for a discounted cost: conditions apply.