Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £13,000 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Start Date: September 2020
QinetiQ is a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets. We offer our customers world-class expertise through our services and innovative technology-based products. Our people proactively understand our customers’ current and future needs and create and enable solutions at greater pace to meet current, adjacent and emergent threats. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
We are looking to recruit an Acoustics Specialist into our Human Systems team, with potential to cross-work with our other teams in Human Performance including Psychology and Systems, Aircrew Systems Integration, and Organisation Systems and Training.
In this role you will be required to support a number of different Acoustics research and consultancy projects across a range of areas, primarily providing advice on protection against noise induced hearing loss in high noise environments through laboratory and on-site investigations. This will also include involvement in the initial development stages of projects and bid preparation, through to data capture, analysis, delivery, and writing of final reports and presentations.
Duties & Responsibilities
You could be responsible for:
- Determine personal noise exposure from analysis of audio recordings, in accordance with the Control of Noise at Work Regulations: 2005
- Acquire and analyse audio recordings and laboratory data using proprietary acoustic software
- Support experimental design of studies investigating hearing protection, speech and non-speech signals and high noise environments
- Conduct audio recordings and measurements on military and other customer sites, primarily in the UK
- Produce technical documentation in support of work carried out including test plans and reports
- Deliver technical demonstrations and presentations at a level appropriate to the audience
- Keep abreast of technology/instrumentation developments to help progress the capability
- Track demands on your time and provide continuous communication of current and future project workload to your functional manager
Joining QinetiQ you would:
- Work in multidisciplinary teams delivering projects to a wide range of military, government and commercial customers
- Determine the best way for our customers to exploit novel and emerging technologies
- Be part of a two year graduate programme allowing you to develop your technical expertise whilst getting the opportunity to experience a wider range of experience as well
- Get access to training to develop your technical and leadership skills
- Get the opportunity to support community projects, for example acting as a STEM ambassador to local schools
To apply for the role you MUST meet the following criteria;
- Minimum of Grade 4 (C) in Maths & English GCSE
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace
- Hold full British Citizenship
- Knowledge or interest in airborne acoustics
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Restrictions may also mean that any dual or previous nationalities held can affect the roles in which you can perform within QinetiQ.
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Much more!